Code of Conduct
Together, we use the rules of conduct.
- Direct but also subtle insults or hostility are not permitted and will result in sanctions.
- Differences between users will be clarified exclusively by conversation or other means, but not discussed publicly and/or off-topic in the forum and "widely kicked".
- It is not desirable to write posts that cause concern or deliberately create bad mood. This includes contributions that aim to demotivate other users or trigger policy discussions.
- Inappropriate behavior towards other users or the moderation - regardless of a thematized factual situation - will lead to sanctions.
Spelling and text form
- Please read contributions before submitting and check for spelling.
- It should be used uppercase and lowercase words as well as punctuation according to the valid spelling.
Content and meaning
- Before submitting your own and foreign contributions check possible readings to avoid misunderstandings.
- For better interpretation, emoticons can be used to an appropriate degree. However, neither sarcasm nor insults cannot be concealed with it.
- Use threads for questions or concerns that already exist. A forums search may help.
- Contributions should be topic-related and constructive (no "That’s right" contributions).
- To add to a post, the edit function is used, provided that no other user post has followed. For re-marking the post can be set to "new".
- Topics on earthly politics, religion, racism, sexism, legal discussions or (escalating) discussions of principles are forbidden in the forum.
- Moderation decisions are not to be openly criticized and discussed in the forum. Violations will be sanctioned.
- Please quote only the post you are referring to, but not an entire post if your own post does not refer to the entire post.
- A quote should not change the meaning of the original post.
- Graphics in signatures are not allowed.
- Signatures should not interfere with the forum flow and should not exceed font size 18.
- In case of ambiguity, this should be clarified with the moderator in advance.
- In the last instance, the moderation has the right to influence if a signature is considered too disturbing due to its size, color or choice of words.
Conversations and emails
- In case of excessive discussions or discrepancies between members, the conversation or private e-mail should be used instead of the thread.
- Non-copyrighted materials may be carried into the forum.
- Short quotations for review and citation purposes with source/author credit are permitted.
- To ask, offer oder search for pirated copies is expressly forbidden.
- Only one user account per member is allowed.
- If a user account is permanently or temporarily suspended, it is not permitted to log in again with a new account.
- Users who have become conspicuous through their behavior will be banned by the moderation directly after a warning, admonition or in the case of very serious violations.