Xeledon

• Praise the Twelve!

We are currently playing Fog on the Brack (Nebel auf dem Brack) adventure. And my players want to see the Xeledon shrine on Parkauki island.

And as a GM I don't know how to describe it. What is it supposed to look like? What is the symbol of the demigod? What do the devotees bring to the shrine as an offering?

So far I have managed to find a page dedicated to Xeledon in Hesinde Vademecum. But it did not give me any idea what his shrines or temples might look like.

Can you please help me with it?

• His symbol is listed in the wiki: Xeledon – Wiki Aventurica, das DSA-Fanprojekt

According to a thread here in this forum, he is able to give karma but has not done it so far.

According to the wiki he is a picaro. His animal is the cuckoo. I guess an altar shows something like fool's clamps and pictures / statues of cuckoos?

Since he is a bit irregular and crazy, I would not expect any symmetry in his places.

• For me Xeledon is able to give karma, but is not planning enough to actually do so. If I would include him as a karma giver, I wouldn't play him with consecrated priests, but let him grant certain powers temporarily to certain people.

In my mind he is one of the few gods who actually interact strongly with the world as he doesn't care about the rules.

I once had him appear to my group mocking all their failures, disclosing how their actions never really changed anything, how everything still was corrupt and the world crumbling. Laughing then he disappeared.

In a shrine of Xeledon you can place mirrors that do not mirror exactly but reflect mocking images (hero as he is old, pretty hero scarred, brave hero in fear, pride hero in rags, merchant begging, ...). Voices could whisper to the group, leading them deeper into the shrine or questioning their actions or believes. Existing secretes in the group could be made public by a note openly lying around as if it had been there for hundred years.

I can also very well imagine that his shrine doesn't look like a shrine at all or looks like a shrine of a different god - to mock him and the priests who come every month just to bring gifts who he then takes, laughing that they thought they were praising their own god.

I like Xeledon a lot, but there's not much info about him so I made a lot up.

• According to a thread here in this forum, he is able to give karma but has not done it so far.

So, it looks like there will be no blessed ones around.

According to the wiki he is a picaro. His animal is the cuckoo. I guess an altar shows something like fool's clamps and pictures / statues of cuckoos?

Since he is a bit irregular and crazy, I would not expect any symmetry in his places.

Lack of symmetry is very likely. I was also thinking about some oddly shaped shrine. Thank you very much for the info!

And these are very cool ideas! I am certainly adopting the mirror idea. Thank's a lot for your help!